When you buy or lease a space for your business, you need it to reflect your company’s brand. That’s where tenant finish projects come in. This type of project allows you to remodel your new space so it reflects your brand and meets your operational needs. Let’s look at how commercial tenant finishes work and how Calahan Construction handles them.
This post covers the following concepts:
- How do tenant finish projects work?
- The tenant finish process
- Why take advantage of tenant improvement services
- How Calahan provides tenant finish services
- Which aspects of your space you can customize
- Why get your tenant improvements from Calahan Construction
Tenant finishes are also known as tenant build-out or tenant improvement projects, and they work in two major ways:
- The building’s base construction is complete, but its interior hasn’t been customized for a particular tenant yet. Once the landlord and tenant agree on leasing terms, the tenant works with a tenant improvement contractor to customize the building’s interior and exterior.
- You lease or purchase a commercial space that is currently built for one business in an industry that’s very different from yours. For example, if you buy a restaurant and plan to turn it into a hair salon, you need tenant finish construction services.
Commercial tenant finishing projects usually involve two phases:
- Preconstruction Planning: This is when you collaborate with your construction contractor on your commercial space’s designs. This process begins as early as you want. You can start developing your tenant improvement construction plan before you even lease or buy your commercial real estate.
- Tenant Improvement Construction: Once you have your designs and your commercial building, you and your contractor begin the construction process. Your contractor should be able to complete your tenant finish construction within your budget and preferred timelines.
The preconstruction and construction processes for tenant finish projects involve design-build services where your contractor provides the designs and completes the construction. These services give your project continuity, so you don’t have to involve multiple general contractors as you remodel your building or space.
These services help you take on a commercial remodeling project that gives you the space your business needs to promote your brand and operate successfully. Whether you need a shop or an office space, tenant improvement services help you get the exact layout and look you want. They also provide the commercial construction management you need to complete the project on time and within your budget.
At Calahan Construction, we take the design-build approach to tenant improvement projects mentioned above. Our on-staff designers and architects work closely with you to learn what your business needs are. Once we understand those needs, we develop plans that meet them and build the customized facility you’re looking for.
With tenant improvement service, you can customize just about any part of your commercial space, such as your reception area, restrooms, and break area. You can put these anywhere you want with tenant improvement services. But tenant finish services aren’t just about your space’s layout. They’re also about projecting your brand through the shapes and textures used in your space. We use the materials you want to project your preferred image to your employees and visitors.
Our team at Calahan has years of experience handling tenant finish projects for a variety of industries. We’ve taken on tenant improvement construction in Denver that has presented challenges, and we’ve faced them successfully. For example, we’ve delivered these services in a school system that had many time restraints and events that we worked within and around. We have also worked with a manufacturing company that needed to push its schedule back, and we still kept the project within their budget.
If you want tenant improvement services that meet your business’s needs, reach out to us today. We’re ready to use our knowledge and experience to deliver the remodeled space that expresses your business’s brand and accommodates your business operations.