The Complete Guide to Commercial Building Renovation
Are you considering a commercial building renovation for your Colorado office? With so many considerations, renovating an office space can be intimidating. This guide provides all the information you need to make commercial building renovations headache-free. From understanding the costs of typical office renovations to creating a complete checklist, this guide will walk you through everything you need to know about commercial building renovations.
What Are Commercial Office Renovations?
Commercial office renovations refer to the process of updating a commercial office space. The construction process typically includes structural changes or reconfiguring the layout. Commercial construction experts like Calahan can provide cosmetic changes, such as painting, new flooring, and updated lighting and fixtures. The cost of office renovations will vary depending on the scope of the project and location.
Commercial Office Renovation Costs
On average, a commercial office renovation ranges from $50 to $150 per square foot, with the cost increasing if more extensive work is needed. Factors such as building permits, design and engineering, and project management can also impact the overall cost.
Renovating a commercial office space is an exciting journey that brings value to your business and the community. Whether it’s to improve energy efficiency, create a more comfortable working environment, or enhance the overall appearance, commercial building renovations are worth exploring. But before you dive into your project, it’s important to understand signs that your building may need a makeover.
Signs Your Business Needs a Commercial Office Renovation
If you’re a business owner, keeping your office in top shape is important. Not only does a quality office make a good impression on clients, but it can also improve the productivity and morale of your employees. However, even the most well-maintained office can show signs of wear and tear over time. Consider a commercial office renovation if you notice any of the following issues:
- Lack of Space: As your business grows, you may find that your current office no longer meets the needs of your employees. A renovation can help you better use your space or even expand your office to accommodate more employees.
- Poor Layout: Even if you have enough space, an inefficient design can make it difficult for employees to work effectively. A renovation allows a more functional layout that makes it easier for your employees to do their jobs.
- Outdated Design: A dated office can make a poor impression on clients. A renovation will update the look and feel of your office to make it more modern and professional.
- Poor Lighting: Poor lighting can cause eye strain and fatigue, hurting your employees’ productivity. A renovation can improve the lighting in your office, making it easier for your employees to see what they’re working on.
- Inadequate Technology: If your office uses outdated technology, a renovation will help you upgrade to more modern systems. This can include everything from new computers and software to improved internet and phone systems.
- Inadequate Security: An office renovation is an excellent opportunity to upgrade your security systems, protecting your employees and your business.
- Poor Indoor Air Quality: A renovation can help you improve the indoor air quality in your office, which reduces the spread of germs and improves the overall health of your employees.
Is your business considering a commercial building renovation? Check out this article to learn more about the pre-construction process.
The Complete Commercial Building Renovation Process Checklist
When it comes to renovating a commercial building, there are many things to consider to ensure the project is a success. To help you stay organized and on track, we’ve compiled a checklist of important tasks to complete before, during, and after your renovation.
The first step is the pre-planning process, where a company must identify its goals and budget. It’s important to assess the current condition of your building and identify any issues that could arise during construction. You should also consider what kind of improvements you want to make, including floor plan updates or green building technology. Make sure you have all your plans outlined for a renovation expert like Calahan so that you can work out a realistic timeline and budget for the project.
Once you have an idea of what changes you want to make, it’s time to think about sustainability measures. Incorporating green technology into your construction project can reduce environmental impact while cutting energy costs over time. Consider installing low-flow water fixtures or energy-efficient lighting—these are minor tweaks that save energy and provide more comfort for employees and visitors.
Communication With Your Construction Provider
It’s also essential to develop a communication plan for construction management. Coordinate deadlines for each phase of the process with your construction provider; this way, everyone knows exactly what’s happening and when. Ensure all legal requirements are met in each jurisdiction where construction is taking place—this will help construction run smoothly throughout the project.
- Conduct a final inspection of the completed work to make sure it meets your specifications.
- Obtain any necessary certifications and schedule any needed inspections to stay code compliant.
- Create a maintenance plan with your commercial contractor to keep the newly renovated space in good condition.
Calahan Construction: Colorado’s Leading Provider of Commercial Building Renovations
Investing in commercial building renovations is one of the best decisions you can make as a business owner. Not only will it improve employee satisfaction and reduce overhead costs due to increased energy efficiency, but it’ll also benefit your community by creating jobs and increasing the value of your property. Contact Calahan today to begin planning your commercial building renovation project.